Enhance Information Exchange via Technology on Environmental Education and Awareness in Sabah
The Asia Foundation via Access For Asia and WWF-Malaysia via Eco-Schools Programme, together with Partners of Community Organisations in Sabah (PACOS), are proud to announce our partnership in the effort to increase environmental awareness and education, primarily among the communities in Sabah, to stimulate action for environmental sustainability.
Objective: To strengthen environmental education and awareness in Sabah by using appropriate and accessible technology to facilitate communication and information-sharing on Malaysia’s most pressing environmental concerns.
Grant: The Asia Foundation will provide a seed grant of USD700 to eligible participating school under the Eco-Schools Programme. The seed grant is to support the schools’ project on environmental issues within the school and to inspire the school to engage with the local communities to take action on the issues.
Tell us about your project ideas
Tell us about your school’s dream project and how it will make a difference in your school and the local community.
Who should apply?
Any public, private or international school under the Eco-Schools Programme in Malaysia is eligible to apply for a seed grant.
What to submit?
- Minutes of meeting with detailed discussions of the project.
- The proposal, as per the format given below, and application can be submitted by the student committee members
Use the following format in drawing up your proposals (max: 3 pages only)
- Project title and description
- How does the project relate to the Eco-Schools action plan?
- How is the school community involved?
- How is the local community involved?
- How do you communicate this project to the school and/or community at large?
- Budget breakdown: (total range from $1500 - $3500)
- School’s bank account details (Beneficiary’s Name, Account Number, Bank Name)
- Headmaster’s approval : Signature & School stamp
Project time frame
- October 2013 – March 2014
- The seed grant will be given upon approval of the project by Partners of Community Organisations in Sabah (PACOS).
- At the end of the project time frame, a student representative from the project will share what they have learned about environmental issues, their hopes for Malaysia’s future, and what they can and will do to make a difference in their communities which will be captured in short radio and video presentations by PACOS community journalists.
- The application deadline is: 18 October 2013
- Please email your proposal to email@example.com
- Results will be announced on 25 October 2013
- For further information on the above, please contact: